Friday, November 11, 2011

A Time To Remember

With the Remembrance Day long weekend upon us it is time to reflect on the sacrifices of those who have paid so dearly. I wondered silently if there will come a time when this will be all forgotten but it seems that conflicts will continue and more sacrifices will be made by those who serve. Today we attended the Remembrance Day ceremonies at the Saanich Municipal Hall where Kelly was playing with the Victoria Police Pipe Band. It's been a long time since I attended a November 11th. service and I was happy that we took this one in.



Kelly, 2nd from the left pipes the band into the ceremony 

Our friends Pat & Hartley came over from Sechelt for a long weekend of Geocaching, good food and laughs and we are using the Reaville grotto as home base for a couple of days. After a great lunch at the Bard & Banker in down town Victoria we headed over to Ogden Point to search for a few "caches" and to experience forces of nature making a presence on the breakwater.



This was not a day that we would take to the water with our trusty rides. I have grown to appreciate the power of the ocean and she further gained my respect today. However, I know she will once again become calm and I will paddle her surface once more.



No comments:

Post a Comment